Monday 16 July 2012

6 Minute English




Thanks to one of my Students, some time ago I came across this excellent listaning excercise on bbc website:




Why is it excellent? 
First of all, it lasts only 6 minutes ( you can easily make it your daily habit ). Secondly, the topics range from 'shopping' to 'Bangladesh cyber attack' (you can always find something of your interest). And finally, what I personally found most appealing, it's quite up-to-date, e.g. the most recent topic is about government plans to place weapons on civilian roof tops during the Olympics.

You can download audio or text from each of the listenings and what is more, there's always a list of vocabulary to learn. REALLY NICELY DONE. My 100% recommendation :)
Some of you have already known this website but it's always worth reminding to really USE IT ;)


p.s. When it comes to the promised tapescript of Serena's final speech - I know that some of you are still working on it. Not wanting to spoil it, I decided to send it to the email addresses of those who have actually done it :) Isn't it more sensible?? ;)


source: google images

No comments:

Post a Comment