Sunday 17 November 2013

Presentation language

In case you need to prepare a presentation in English on any topic, the following phrases should be of some help to you:




Welcoming

§                       Good morning and welcome to (name of company, name of conference hall, hotel, etc.).
§                       Thank you all very much for coming today.
§                       I hope you all had a pleasant journey here today.

Introducing yourself

§                       My name is James Bond and I am responsible for … .
§                       My name is Mark Watson from [name of company], where I am responsible for … .
§                       Let me introduce myself; my name is Mark Watson and I am responsible for … .




Introducing your presentation

§                       The purpose of today’s presentation/meeting is to … .
§                       The purpose of my presentation today is to … .
§                       In today’s presentation I’d like to show and explain to you how our investment policy looks like .Firstly,…..I’ll show you….Secondly,….(Then)…..Finally, 
§                       In today’s presentation I’m hoping to … give you an update on… . / give you an overview of … .
§                       In today’s presentation I’m planning to … look at … . / explain … .

You can also outline your presentation to give the audience a clear overview of what they can expect:
§                       In today’s presentation I’m hoping to cover three points:
§                       firstly, … , after that we will look at … , and finally I’ll … .
§                       In today’s presentation I’d like to cover three points:
§                       firstly, … , secondly … , and finally … .


Explaining that there will be time for questions at the end

§                       If you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them at any time..(even during the presentation)
§                       If there are any questions you’d like to ask, please leave them until the end, when I’ll do my best to answer them.


                   

Starting the presentation

§                       To begin with … .
§                       To start with … .
§                       Let’s start by looking at … .

§                       I’d like to start by looking at … .
§                       Let’s start with presenting our current portfolio.. / start by looking at … .


Closing a section of the presentation

§                       So, that concludes [title of the section] … .
§                       So, that’s an overview of … .
§                       I think that just about covers … .
§                       To sum up this part,…




Beginning a new section of the presentation

§                       Now, let’s move on to … .
§                       Now, let’s take a look at … .
§                       Now I’d like to move on to … .
§                       Next I’d like to take a look at … .
§                       Moving on to the next part, I’d like to … .
§                       Moving on to the next section, let’s take a look at … .

Concluding and summarising the presentation

§                       Well, that brings us to the end of the final section. Now, I’d like to summarise by … .
§                       That brings us to the end of the final section. Now, if I can just summarise the main points again.
§                       That concludes my presentation. Now, I can just summarise the main points.
§                       That’s an overview of … . Now, just to summarise, let’s quickly look at the main points again.




Finishing and thanking

§                       Thank you for your attention.
§                       That brings the presentation to an end.
§                       That brings us to the end of my presentation.
§                       Finally, I’d like to finish by thanking you (all) for your attention.
§                       Finally, I’d like to end by thanking you (all) for coming today.
§                       I’d like to thank you (all) for your attention and interest.


Inviting questions

§                       If anyone has any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them.
§                       If anyone has any questions, I’ll do my best to answer them.
§                       If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask them now.
§                       If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask them and I’ll do my best to answer.




Referring to a previous point made

§                       As I mentioned earlier … .(jak wcześniej wspominałem)
§                       As we saw earlier … .
§                       You may recall that we said … .
§                       You may recall that I explained … .




Dealing with (difficult) questions

§                       I’ll come back to that question later if I may.
§                       I’ll / We’ll come back to that question later in my presentation.
§                       I’ll / We’ll look at that point in more detail later on.
§                       Perhaps we can look at it at the end / a little later.




Other phrases and key presentation language:





briefly

take a look at

take a brief look at

return to

I’ll outline

here we can see

as you can see here

(let’s) move on to

(let’s) continue with

(let’s) continue by looking at

to illustrate this point

let’s, we can, we will
let me get into details





 source: google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment